Technology over the past decade has been all about “going mobile”, with the latest mobile phones and tablets pushing to give us the world at our fingertips wherever we may be. As email means the world to so many people, it’s no surprise that mobile is leading the email revolution.
- 50% of all mobile phones in the US are smartphones
- 85% of all mobile email is read on an Apple device
- 63% of Americans would either close of delete an email not optimised for mobile
- Only 2.39% of individuals open emails on both their desktop and mobile device
- 48% of marketers do not know how many mobile subscribers they have
And what does this mean for all of us? Well, if you’re not already optimising your email marketing messages for both desktop AND mobile, then you’d better think about doing so before your next promotion! Check out my article “Anatomy of the Perfect Mobile Email” to learn about the ten factors needed to create an email that looks great on all mobile devices.
Not only do you need to think about your email marketing messages, your everyday email should be optimised too. Every email you send is seen by existing and potential customers and should therefore be professionally branded just like your company. The easiest (and most important) object you can control in your email is your email signature. Using software such as Crossware Mail Signature (one of our own products), you are able to ensure consistency across all employee email signatures featuring your correct logos and personal details. With mobiles leading this email revolution, it’s important to check that those email signatures look great across all mobile devices!