With the number of emails being sent by companies growing everyday, managers are beginning to realise the importance of the email signature. You may have come to this article via our “How To Add a Signature on Lotus Notes 8.5”, which provided a tutorial for creating an individual signature. Think that was easy? Well, here’s a tutorial for creating a company-wide signature that is consistent, yet still completely personalised, using Crossware Mail Signature (one of our own products) – and it’s just as easy!
1) Open the “Crossware Mail Signature Config” Application in Lotus Notes:
2) Select “New Email Signature”:
3) Select whether you want the Signature Type to be “Default” (applied to everybody) or “Group” (applied to select individuals/groups). If you have chosen “Group”, go on to select the group within your address book, and add a description of the email signature for your own reference:
4) Enter your signature details between the blue lines using the Rich Text field and applying “Lookup” rules as required. You may also import an HTML or Plain Text Signature if necessary. Finally, click save:
5) Your Lotus Notes email signature is complete! You may wish to test it out – Click “Send Test Email”:
6) Select whether you want the test email to be sent from a user or a group, whether you want it to be in Rich Text/HTML/Plain Text format and who you want to receive the test email. Click “OK”:
7) The test email will appear in the recipient’s inbox. Crossware Mail Signature has searched your Domino Directory to match lookups with contact details, and your email signature will look great!
8) And you’re done. Now when you send an email, all you need to do is type what you need in the text field, and click send. No need to “insert signature”, no need to configure anything locally, and in my case there’s not even a need to sign-off with “regards” — It’s all done for you, correctly appended email signatures 100% of the time. The brilliant thing is that this includes emails from Notes, iNotes, Blackberry, and any Traveler device such as iPhone and iPad… as all your emails still have to pass through your Domino Server!
If you would like to learn more about Crossware Mail Signature, visit our website at www.crossware.co.nz and help yourself to a free trial. If you would like to get in touch about a quotation or specific information for your company, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us here.